Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Airman Visits

So Bean3 joined the Air Force right out of high school and I am so proud of him :) Yes, many people wonder how a Woman Marine's son would be allowed to join the Air Force - well, 1) They make their own decisions and I support them when the do; 2) I am a Marine, my father Army, and his dad Navy - he said he didn't want to feel like he was choosing one of us over the other. My late cousin was Air Force so I feel it is a fine decision :)

So anyway, he is stationed so far from home! I saw him at his Basic Training graduation and I visited him the year after that. This is the first time he was home though to see all the little beans :) and he got to stay for three weeks!

Me and My Boy


So what did we do? We visited the grandparents, had 3 birthday parties, he picked up siblings from school, and we went to UGA for the LSU game which included the SportsCenter broadcast from UGA, the DawgWalk, and Tailgating with Rock-L! Since he had to leave a day early, his little brother Bean7 got to enjoy the Mizzou tickets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment