Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Crossfit 90 Day Challenge - Day 1

Perhaps I'll be able to keep up with this.  I have several things I really need to post - various recipes, various gadgets my honey got me, chicken updates, and so forth.... but it's been a killer month with school having started back - by the time I get used to it and under a good routine, it'll be time for finals and back to no school days for three and a half months!! (At which point you probably won't hear from me until Christmas break - that's how slammed I anticipate being between homework, studying, and simply keeping up with the children and the house.)

Anyway, the workout for today was probably not the best one to start with!!  But that's when I started so I did what I could.

In Crossfit, there is a workout of the day and you literally do it for time.  You can take as long as you need or do it as fast as you can (well the goal is to do it as fast as you can but sometimes you simply can't get those burpees any faster than one a minute lol... just kidding - sort of).  You see improvement by looking at your past times for that particular workout (for they repeat).  Our oldest doesn't think that my honey and I can do it.  I'm showing him differently - I felt like I was in the Corps again and it felt GREAT!  I loved it and only wish I had had more time to do it but I spent too much time looking at the videos and ran out of time.  Overall I worked out hard for 13 minutes... but as I said, I did not complete the workout.  Judging by the way things were going I think I could have finished in about 35 minutes.... which for my state of shape would have been excellent.

"Filthy Fifty"
 
For time:
50Jump rope
50 Burpees
50 Wall ball shots, 10 pound ball
50 Back extensions (supermans)
50 Push press, 20 pounds
50 Knees to elbows
50 Walking Lunges (50 steps)
50 Kettlebell swings, 15 lbs
50 Crossfit sit-ups
50 Box jump, 18 inch box


In 13 minutes I completed:
50 Jump Rope
15 Burpees
50 Wall ball shots (5 lb)
15 Kettlebell swings (10 lb)
50 Crossfit sit-ups (yes! Sit ups that I can actually do with my physical condition (from being in injured in the Corps I can't do most types of sit-ups))
50 Box jumps, 8 inches (my stairs)

I simply ran out of time and had to run out the door hence why I didn't finish.  Better luck next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment