Saturday, February 18, 2017

Odd Laying Places & Fermented Feed Update


So, I get out to the coop today while it's all nice and drizzly. It looks like like the board across the nesting boxes is working pretty well! Normally, most of the shavings are out of the box the following day, so at least the board is good for that use :D Good enough for me!



After gathering these eggs I went in the coop to tend the birds, only to find ....
Yes, folks, you see that right... 3 eggs under under the feeder and 1 just out in the open. What are these girls thinking??


When I go out to the coop, I have to put everything down by the door and walk to the end of the coop and toss scratch feed through the wire just so I can get in the door without being accosted. I wrote about fermented feed awhile back. Well, here's my girls flocking to it as soon as I put the bowl down.
After getting this flock fed and watered, it's the pheasants turn! They enjoy the fermented feed as well. I throw them some and they pick through the hay to eat it. They're pretty cute running to it to peck at it :)

So, here is a final picture of chickens spreading the hay for us as I left the coop :)


No comments:

Post a Comment