Friday, December 28, 2012

Homemade Automatic Dishwashing Detergent

I do believe I have finally found a recipe that I really like!  The last one was pretty okay, but I think this one is better.  I found this one at My Healthy Green Family.  I'm actually falling in love with this blog!!  She's a lady after my own heart :-D

Here are my "ingredients" ... well, actually the Sweet Orange Essential Oil did not get used since the lemonade drink mix (which acted as my citric acid) was so lemony, there was no need for an additional citrus smell.  I used 10-12 drops of Tea Tree Oil and 3 drops Oregano Essential Oil.  Smells wonderful!  Please click the link above to get the full set of instructions and the why's behind this particular recipe.  To be honest, I've often wondered about Borax but it's used all over the place in all sorts of "natural" and homemade products that I figured it must be safe.  Perhaps it isn't... perhaps it is.  I don't know right now.  I *do* know it is used to kill ants ... but then again, beer is used to kill rodents.... and chocolate can kill dogs.  So who's to say that just because it kills ants that it isn't healthy for humans or the environment??  I do not know the answer to this question - and may never know to be honest.

I'm using my super duper citrus vinegar that I make as the rinse aid - whatdya know ~ this is what My Healthy Green Family uses (and makes in almost the same way as I do)!!  As a reminder here is my citrus vinegar at work as a Laundry Fabric Softener :-) .... it is also used as an all-purpose cleaner, mixed half and half with water, in a spray bottle.  Love, love, love it :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment