Monday, November 5, 2012

Apple Cider & Two Eggs

Making apple butter yesterday made me crave warm apple cider ... not hard apple cider. So I cheated a bit and bought regular apple juice last night. Today I poured it in a glass pot and heated on low while I added cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice. It turned out really good.

Today, when I went out to the chicken coop there were only 2 eggs :(



Unfortunately, a combination of the time change making it darker sooner and me having to leave the house, I didn't go back out to see if more had been laid nor did I send someone else out there.

Of course, I don't know that any of the children could handle an escaped chicken like I dealt with this afternoon! Those silly girls act like the only grass they ever see is the grass right outside the door when I open the door. Well, one slipped out while I was shooing them back - one hand on the door and the other holding the two eggs. So I had to find a safe place to set the eggs while I chased Henrietta. I finally just let her get to chomping on the long grass then just scooped her up and put her back with the other girls.

Whew! Crisis averted lol

And can someone tell me why chickens scatter their feed all over the ground but then won't eat it? That's the million dollar question around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment