Monday, November 5, 2012

Birthday Bonfires

I mentioned that we built a fire pit in my first post.  Two of the girls wanted bonfires for their birthday parties so our little pit became the center of attention :)  Both parties (for 17-year-old Bean5 and 14-year-old Bean6) turned out wonderfully - with very little preparation needed.  Just some chairs around a blazing fire, a table with some goodies to snack on, a cooler full of drinks, and a little music to round out the night.  Of course, inside the house there were candles burning so whenever someone had to use the loo everything was softly glowing and smelled fresh & delicious!  We lit the candles inside and began singing Happy Birthday down the steps and across the lawn. (It appeared all formal, stepping down each step in time to the song --- all because I was blind!!  The candles didn't allow me to see in front of me so I was having to feel for each step LOL)

As a side benefit to their little parties, I now have hardwood ash to make lye without making a special fire just for that purpose!

I'll try to remember pictures for further posts ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment