Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

 
Prayers of Thanksgiving
O Lord my Savior and my Master, I, Thine unprofitable servant, with fear and trembling give thanks unto Thy loving goodness for all Thy benefits which Thou hast poured so abundantly upon me, Thy servant. I fall down in adoration before Thee and offer Thee, O god, my praises; with fervor I cry to Thee: O God, deliver me henceforth from all adversities and mercifully fulfill in me such of my desires as may be expedient for me. Hear me, I entreat Thee, and have mercy, for Thou art the Hope of all the ends of the earth, and unto Thee, with the Father, and the Holy Spirit, be ascribed glory, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.
I praise Thee, O God of our Fathers, I hymn Thee, I bless Thee, I give thanks unto thee for Thy great and tender mercy. To Thee I flee, O merciful and mighty God. Shine into my heart with the True Sun of Thy righteousness. Enlighten my mind and keep all my senses, that henceforth I may walk uprightly and keep Thy commandments, and may finally attain unto eternal life, even to Thee, Who art the source of life, and be admitted to the glorious fruition of Thy inaccessible Light. For Thou art my
God, and unto Thee, O Father, Son and Holy Spirit, be ascribed glory, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.
 
 
Lord Jesus Christ our God, God of every merciful kindness and compassion: Your mercy is without measure, and Your love for the human race is an unfathomable depth! Bowing down before Your Greatness, with fear and trembling as unworthy servants, and now humbly rendering thanksgiving to Your loving-kindness for Your benefits bestowed upon us, we glorify, praise, hymn and magnify You as Lord, Master, and Benefactor; and bowing down again we offer thanksgiving. We implore Your boundless and ineffable merciful kindness, humbly praying, in that You have now graciously deigned to accept and to fulfill the supplications of Your servants, so also grant that from this time forward we might increase in true love for You, of our neighbors, and in all of the virtues. And enable us to always thank and praise You together with Your Beginningless Father, and Your All-Holy, Good and Co-Essential Spirit. Amen.
 
 
We bless Thee, O most high God and Lord of mercy, Who art ever doing numberless great and inscrutable things for us––glorious and wonderful; Who grantest to us sleep for rest from our infirmities, and repose from the burdens of or much toiling flesh. We thank Thee that Thou hast not destroyed us with our sins, but hast loved us forever; and though we are sunk in despair, Thou hast raised us up to glorify thy power. Therefore, we implore Thine incomparable goodness: enlighten the eyes of our understanding and raise up our mid from the heavy sleep of indolence; open our mouth and fill it with Thy praise, that we may be able––without distraction––to sing and confess Thee, Who are God glorified in all and by all, the eternal Father, with Thine Only-begotten Son, and thine All-Holy and good and life-giving Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment