Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Crossfit 90 Day Challenge - Day 6

Challenge Day 6:
As many rounds in 20 minutes of:
Run 400 meters
7 push-ups (I did knees)


What I did: 5 rounds!

I actually ran a mile in 12 minutes!!!!!!!!  Y'all read my post that included the 800 meter runs so you know what this means to me!!!  So 1 1/4 miles in 15 minutes!!!
Honestly when I ran that first quarter mile I wasn't sure I was going to keep going with today's WOD.  I mean it.  I was suffering - wheezing, burning in my legs - then I did the 7 push ups - girlie (until I strengthen my back - I refuse to hurt my back again just for pride in doing "boy" pushups) ---- oh and I hide in my garage so I have to walk to my garage to do the push ups - I refuse to do more than stretch or jog in front of my neighbors!  Then I told myself I could walk it or super slow jog it or whatever, next thing I know, I'm jogging again - and believe you me, it was a sssslllloooowwww jog.  I kept telling myself that I was running under 15 minute miles last week and that I really needed to at least get a mile in 15 minutes but I still couldn't run any faster without wheezing and wanting to quit so I just took it slow... did the push ups... got back out there and did it again.  I kept track of my running (anywhere from 2:32 to 3:00) and how long it took to go to garage, pushups, and get back out to cross the line signalling time to start jogging again ... I was astounded each round that I was running quarter miles in 3 or less minutes!

Sorry to go on and on and on about this but I'm still amazed and moved when I make such improvements - it's something else to be told you'll never walk without pain nor run again at all to running better than I ever dreamed was possible.  I'm literally just minutes away from Marine Corps standards!  I never dreamed I'd be this close.

No comments:

Post a Comment