Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Overnight, No-cook Oatmeal

Yum!  This was really good!  I'm so glad I found this recipe over at The Yummy Life!  She has several variations of Refrigerator Oatmeal but I tried the Cocoa Banana one since I knew, right off the top of my head that, I had all the ingredients - well I did use ground flax seed instead of chia seeds.  I cannot wait to try several of the other ones throughout the year as different fruit seasons come in and I'm able to pick fresh and freeze more for winter usage :)


These are my finished jars ready to go into the fridge!  I was slightly worried about how much cocoa was in them, but this morning evaporated all that worry like the sun shews away the fog! Yummy, yummy goodness :)

Of course, this lends itself into the fact that I don't buy a lot of dairy-free yogurt (or any yogurt for that matter) ... BUT I *really* want to make these a lot more often ... and wait until the kids get ahold of them - then I'll really be up the creek because there's no way I'll be able to make enough of them without paying an arm and a leg which makes it so not worth it :(
Soooooooo, I'll be starting my own yogurt tomorrow afternoon!  I've been wanting to for so long but have just been too lazy to do it.  This is my swift kick in the pants to get it going!  The Yummy Life has quite a few other recipes that call for yogurt as well that I want to try and therefore will make this yogurt-making adventure well worth the effort (even though I keep hearing how easy it is - it's just all about getting up and getting started!).

No comments:

Post a Comment