Friday, February 1, 2013

Time for more Dishwashing Detergent

Thought I'd post this so that you can look back and see how long this one little batch of homemade dishwashing detergent lasted us .... just over a month!  I ran out last night so I've got to make some more TODAY because I'm hosting a class in my home tomorrow and the house is a wreck!

Here's the recipe again found at My Healthy Green Family:
  • 1 cup washing soda (old recipe used baking soda)
  • 1/4 c. citric acid (old recipe said 1/3 c.)
  • 1/4 c. coarse salt (old recipe said 1/3 c.)
  • 10-15 drops of citrus essential oil (Optional. Orange, grapefruit, or lemon essential oils have great cleaning as well as antibacterial properties.)

  • Here is where mine is a little different:
    I used lemon kool-aid packets to equal 1/4 cup, 10-12 drops of Tea Tree Oil and 3 drops Oregano Essential Oil. Smells wonderful! Please click the link above to get the full set of instructions and the why's behind this particular recipe.

    And yes, I've been using the orange vinegar as my rinse aid - I really like this combination!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment